Update


















Everytime I dig into something I am finding out how clean this truck really is. Other than the little surprise I had on the grille support panel and the RF Fender having been in a pretty good fender bender ( Fender has been replaced with a junk yard take off from an earlier model-no holes for the badge- the grille support panel has a ton of bondo on it. I will replace it with a new one and drill holes in the fender for the C-10 Badge.) everything I touch turns out really good. I stripped the interior and once I got all the black tar insulation I saw nothing bot solid steel, no rust, no bubbles nothing. It will be a piece of cake to re-do the interior. Just clean and paint.........
















The engine bay is also done, have all new radiator and heater hoses, new belt, new temp sensor, thermostat and windshield washer hoses. I even replaced the radiator overflow hose. Although the breather is not on yet, it's been painted with epoxy paint waiting for the reproduction stickers. Stripped the firewall, replaced the passenger side inner fender, stripped the driver side, removed and stripped, flushed the radiator. It also has a new coat of epoxt paint. Firewall, inner fenders and underside of the hood all have epoxy primer and two coats of two part semi-gloss urethane. I also replaced the fuel line, all plugs and plug wires, points, distributor rotary button and cap. Removed the heater core, completely overhauled it with brand new motor, new gaskets and seals. It also has flat black two part urethane paint. Valve cover and the block has hi-temp enamel which comes in a spray can.




No comments: